Monday, October 20, 2008
48 Hours Left with my breasts
Well I now have less than 48 hours left until I must say goodbye to my breasts forever. Even though I am having immediate reconstruction it will not be the same as the breasts I grew and have had all my life. I have been crying off and on all day. I am a wreck but I am hoping by Wed I will pull it together and "women up!" I know that I am blessed to be leaving the cancer at the hospital but I am still sad about the loss of my breasts. I am feeling so nervous and afraid but I am sure I will be okay because I trust God and as long as he is in control I will be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- traceyz
- I am a runner, fitness instructor, and flight attendant. On 4/4/08 I was diagnosed with infiltrating ductal carcinoma. I had a 2.9 cm tumor with one node involved. At the young age of 40, I faced the fact that I had breast cancer. After the 1st 4 rounds were over and I went in for more pictures of the tumor I was devastated to find that it had not shrunk AT ALL! Three weeks later I started taxotere and herceptin. After completion of chemo the tumor has shrunk to be half it's original size and the cells are inactive. Now I await surgery to have a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction. My surgery is scheduled for the first part of Oct and I will keep you posted. Cancer has shown me whats important in life. The love from my husband, family, friends, and even total strangers has amazed me! I really am blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment